Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Dark Horse



I have never really cared for spaghetti until a few years ago, when I started making it myself(sorry mom.) Most spaghetti recipes are very runny, and coincidentally make me want to vomit rather than eat. A few years ago, Pooh Bear asked me to make spaghetti and I vehemently declined. It got me thinking that I could make it and possibly tweak it to where I might actually eat it. I did the usual, boiled the noodles, browned the meat and added a jar of sauce, thus creating a runny, yet not so terrible bowl of spaghetti. I suddenly realized what was wrong, it needed to be THICK! The next time I made it I added cream cheese, tossed it in a casserole dish after preparing everything and baked it, voila! Scrumptious! Now I had achieved the perfect spaghetti, or so I had thought. Yes it was perfect, but now it was double the cooking time. I have been wondering for a while now why I couldn't just use my crockpot to make it, so today I logged into Pinterest and searched for "crockpot spaghetti," and my dream came true. Not only is this recipe slightly better than my own, but it was EASIER! This will definitely be a weekly meal at our house from now on. And if you are trying to keep it on the healthy side, then you probably won't want to make it. Let's face it, the cream cheese makes this dish. Don't skip it.


Creamy Crockpot Spaghetti



Shammy Says "I am proud to say that this recipe just bumped Chicken Spaghetti out of it's number one spot"

No comments:

Post a Comment