Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Own Delicious Creation

Last night I was making tacos, when I suddenly got the craving for a taco salad instead. Me choosing a salad over tacos is something that happens, well, never. The only thing I can attribute this craving to is having a delicious taco salad at my friend Fawna's house recently that she made using a pork loin and it was PHENOMENAL. As I was browning the ground beef I decided to add a packet of "cheesy" taco seasoning(which I had never tried up until last night and coincidentally will be using from now on.) It created a thicker sauce that I enjoyed much more than regular taco seasoning. After the beef was ready I tossed some romaine lettuce into a bowl, crumbled some whole grain tostitos scoops over the lettuce, added some meat, a large scoop of my homemade guacamole(recipe below,) shredded medium cheddar cheese, picante sauce and of course a very generous dollop of light sour cream. Now I state the specifics of all these ingredients because I think it makes a difference, so just do it. All of these ingredients worked surprisingly well together; even my husband(who is on somewhat of a strict diet at the moment) had me make him a bowl as well. I don't have a beautiful picture to accompany the recipe because I wasn't intending on blogging this, until after I finished licking my bowl. I will post an actual recipe below so you guys can make this for yourselves and taste just how delicious it is. ENJOY.

Shammy's Taco Salad

1 lb of ground beef
1 packet of Cheesy Taco Seasoning
Shredded Romaine Lettuce
Shredded Medium Cheddar Cheese (Do not buy the prepackaged shredded cheese, buy the block and shred it yourself, it makes a huge difference in taste)
Light Sour Cream
Medium Picante Sauce
Tostitos Whole Grain Scoops
Homemade Guacamole (2 or 3 avocados, fresh lemon juice, sea salt and garlic powder)


Shammy Says "I don't want to toot my own horn but---TOOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment