Friday, June 22, 2012

Enchi-lotta yumminess!

They looked like they were straight out of a restaurant

Perfectly topped with homemade guacamole and my very own life source SOUR CREAM

Where do I begin? Oh, hello there it's been a while since I've done a post and I have missed you! I have been seriously pondering creating a YouTube channel for myself to cook, eat, moan about how delicious the food is, and finally fulfill my dreams of eating and sharing my love for eating with others. Ok I lost track of what I was doing again...the Enchiladas! Yet another Pinterest delight, who needs cookbooks anymore? I saw this, and the picture immediately caught my attention, and then when I arrived at the website and read the woman's eager description of the recipe, it made me feel right at home. I will note that these were not the easiest, yet also not the most difficult enchiladas I have ever made, but they WERE the most delicious. Have I confused you yet? Let me clarify, it wasn't the easiest because it required a lot of cook time, and I'm a simple gal. I like "pop in the oven for 20 minutes and voila!" This was, cook, prepare, roll, pop in oven, remove from oven, cover with foil, blah blah blah. Don't get discouraged and stop reading, they were worth EVERY MINUTE of cook time. The good news is that there was virtually zero prep, all I did was mince some garlic(which you could even skip if you have minced garlic, I just happened to have fresh,) and chop up some cilantro. I am still attempting to come up with a few words to describe the taste. I really can't put my finger on it, so I will just say that when I eat something REALLY good, I go into a state of euphoria, yes I have mentioned this multiple times in previous posts but it really does happen. It happened, and it was just as I remember it. I reach the same state of utter satisfaction when I eat the Chicken Cobb Salad from Charleston's, my beloved Cream Squares from Daylight Donuts, Sour Cream, Buffalo Calamari from Sonoma, Veggie bowl from Chipotle, my Green Monster from Haruno, or anything from ITR. I could go on, clearly. But I won't. I'll stop there so you can go check out the recipe, print it out and make it for your family. ENJOY. 


Shammy Says "Fifty Seven Thumbs Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment