Thursday, December 8, 2011

Salsa Magnifico!


I am extremely well-known for my homemade salsa. Every time there is a party I am asked to make it, along with my unbeatable guacamole. For this reason I have never stepped out of my box to look for new salsa recipes, why would I? If it ain't broke...right? WRONG. I discovered this recipe the other day on Pinterest and it appealed to me for this reason alone: it looked incredibly easy. This is THE best salsa I have ever had, EVER. It was super cheap, super easy, and super delicious. I had seen a few other recipes that looked amazing but they all involved boiling and peeling your own tomatoes, which I'm sure makes the salsa quite tasty but who wants to go through all that work just for salsa? Not me. Especially when the canned tomatoes taste just as good. I am retiring my salsa recipe and replacing it with this one. Recipe is below, you are welcome!

Shammy Says "You say 'tomato' I say 'salsa'"

Salsa Recipe

2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 small can of diced green chiles
1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped
1 clove of garlic minced or garlic powder
3-4 whole green onions(stem included) chopped
Few shakes of red pepper flakes
1 tsp of salt(you can add a little more if you like salt)

Blend it all together minus the tomatoes, then add the tomatoes and blend a little to mince the tomatoes.

Notes: The great thing about salsa is that you can adjust it to satisfy your own taste buds, so if there is anything that you want to add or replace, just do so! I used garlic powder since I didn't feel like mincing garlic, I was lazy today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment