Monday, October 1, 2012

Costa Vida...Muy Bueno!

Sweet Pork Nachos

Flan and Key Lime Pie

I was perusing Facebook a few months back and stumbled upon a video that one of my friends had posted. It was a guy preparing a tub of nachos, in a restaurant called "Costa Vida." I came to realize that he would soon be opening one in Tulsa, to my excitement. As I watched him drizzle multiple layers of nacho cheese, and apply shredded cheese, beans, slow cooked pork and then top it with cool guacamole and sour cream, I was sold. I had to have this dish, and SOON. Chuck Smith, my friend and the manager of Costa Vida was generous enough to invite me, along with many others to the soft opening to sample the food--for free. It doesn't get much better than that! The food was SPECTACULAR. There aren't words to describe the sweet pulled pork, it really is in a class of it's own. I've never actually tasted anything quite like it, it is sweet, tender with a little bit of a kick. I could have eaten a meal of that by itself, and I'm not a big meat person, as you all know. I knew the nachos would be tasty, but I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were. The thing that separates them from 90% of the nachos that I have had in the past is the LAYERS! They start with a layer of chips on the bottom, then meat, then cheese, and then they bake them. After they finish baking, they add MORE meat, MORE cheese and their delicious homemade queso--which is out of this world. It is similar to Chili's skillet queso, except 100 times better! I topped mine with mexican cheese, guacamole, cilantro and of course 2 scoops of sour cream. I ate nearly the entire thing. I was so full that I could barely walk, but it was so worth it. Chuck then brought us out some of their key lime pie and their flan. I am not a huge fan of flan, but it was very good. The key lime pie was awesome. Overall I would give them a 10 out of 10. If you haven't heard of them until now, you need to check them out! They open today and they are located at 68th and Memorial next to Red Lobster. If you want to browse their menu before going, I posted a link to their website below, you're welcome :)

Costa Vida Website

Shammy Says "My new favorite mexican place!"

No comments:

Post a Comment