Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crockpot Beef Carnitas Tacos

Not bad if I say so myself...


Original picture, personally I think mine is better.

I received so many messages and requests for this particular recipe that it blew my mind. I've made these twice now and I am shocked that it hasn't been more. These are low carb and cheese free, so it is shocking to me that I even enjoy them. Not only are they amazing, but this is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. You buy a flank steak, yes you heard me right a flank steak, rub it with a generous amount of spices and place it in the crockpot. Chop up some onion, peppers, and jalapeno, throw those on top of the steak and set that baby on low for 8 hours. While that is cooking, I make my pineapple pico, which I found a while ago originally intended for a salmon recipe. I thought it didn't go very well with the BBQ Salmon so I tucked that little gem away for a different recipe later on down the line, and this is the perfect recipe for it. They go together like salt and jolly ranchers. I often find myself eating the pico all by itself with a bag of Lime Tostitos. The pineapple pico is pineapple, cilantro, onion, lime juice, jalapeno and salt. Simple, and in my opinion so much better than regular pico with tomatoes. I like my tomatoes sliced plain, with about a pound of sea salt. I will halt my raving about this recipe so you can rush out to the store for these ingredients right away. Don't be alarmed at the price of the flank steak, it is pricey but so worth it, especially when you will have dinner for 3 nights.

Crockpot Beef Carnitas Tacos Recipe

Shammy Says "Who knew flank steak could be so delicious?"

No comments:

Post a Comment