Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Surprise Surprise!


I have been eyeing this recipe on Pinterest for months now, and just assumed it was a bland recipe that looked good but tasted like crap. What happens when you assume? It makes an ASS out of U and ME. I've always waited for the perfect moment to insert that into one of my blog posts. Moving forward, I decided to try these out this week and I am sure glad I did. Not only were they much easier than regular enchiladas, but they were so good that I may be making this my go to recipe for enchiladas from now on. Funny story on how these finally got made; I put the chicken in the crockpot yesterday and got it cooking. By the time dinner rolled around, pancakes sounded much better than chicken enchiladas. So I turned off my crockpot and whipped up some pancakes and bacon. I was so tired and nearly on the brink of just tossing the chicken because I didn't want to mess with cooking the rest of it. But I rose above the exhaustion and decided I didn't want to throw away $8 worth of chicken. I was surprised at how quickly these came together, I mixed some ranch and picante and spread that onto corn tortillas(because I was out of flour tortillas,) topped with the shredded cooked chicken, and some shredded cheese. After they were prepped and in the pan, I baked them in the oven for 30 minutes. By this time, the exhaustion had worn off and pregnancy brain had set in. I decided to hop in the shower, only to panic halfway through when I realized that my enchiladas had been in for about 10 minutes too long. As I screamed at Pooh Bear to go get them out of the oven, I had come to terms with the fact that they were probably ruined and that this dish was just not meant to be. Low and behold they were not ruined and they tasted DELICIOUS. My leftovers today had everyone at work salivating and asking me what I was eating. I will say I am most surprised with this recipe out of all the recipes I have made. It is easy, cheap, yummy and apparently idiot proof. Whoever thought to use ranch in enchiladas in place of enchilada sauce is a GENIUS. 


Shammy Says "Don't ever judge a recipe by it's picture"

No comments:

Post a Comment