Thursday, February 23, 2012

Buffalo Calamari is PRIMO

Utter Perfection

I professed my love for all things buffalo a long time ago. Therefore it should come as no surprise that this is going to be a rave review. I have eaten buffalo shrimp, buffalo chicken, buffalo fries, buffalo enchiladas and have even been known to dunk my tater tots in buffalo sauce. I honestly could eat anything as long as it is doused in buffalo sauce. It truly is the sauce of champions, in my opinion. Now to the entree of the year, Buffalo Calamari with Bleu Cheese. I love calamari so I was fully aware that I was about to have my mind blown. This meal did more than that. When I eat something truly delicious, I tend to slip into a deep state of euphoria, paying close attention to each delectable bite, and savoring every chew knowing that this wonderful feeling will not last forever. That being said, I normally can't recall eating said meals afterwards because my mind was somewhere else the entire time. Some of you may think that this is weird but my fellow foodies will know exactly what I am talking about. The sheer genius of Buffalo Calamari is a combination of a few things: the first is that they are thin so with each piece you get a perfect ratio of buffalo sauce to meat, unlike chicken, which I normally have to re-dunk in between bites; the second being that they were served underneath an avalanche of bleu cheese crumbles; the third and final reason for perfection was that they were tangy and not vinegar-y. They were also crispy and not soggy, which happens sometimes with buffalo sauced dishes. I'm done with my rave review, now all of you can go to Sonoma Bistro and Wine Bar and order the Buffalo Calamari, with a side of anything else on their menu. Great food, great atmosphere and great wine.



Sonoma Bistro and Wine Bar

Shammy Says "Five Stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment