Sunday, February 12, 2012

Not Your Regular Chicken Taco

A refreshing twist on our normal tacos


I get stuck in food ruts from time to time, as I'm sure most of you do as well. This week I was trying to come up with different recipes to try that would please not only me, but my picky husband and my 2-year old. When I came across this one, I won't lie I wasn't too intrigued until I started reading the reviews. Every single review was raving about how delicious this was, not ONE bad review. I always read reviews, they never steer me wrong. I was also very anxious to try it since it only called for 5 ingredients. The entire dinner cost about $4 to make, which made me extra happy because that left me enough money to buy the economy sized can of nacho cheese I had been eyeing at the store. Chicken, cream of chicken soup, salsa, taco seasoning and sour cream, that's it folks. The only thing I was debating on was how to serve it. The recipe I found served it over white rice, but frankly that didn't sound too appetizing to me. After reading through nearly all of the reviews I found one lady who suggested serving it in a soft taco with fresh pico, sour cream and lettuce so that is exactly what I did, except I added even more toppings! I put shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese on mine, along with sour cream, lettuce, pico de gallo, fresh guacamole and some crumbled tostitos. It tasted even better than it looked, if that is even possible. It was such a nice change of pace, kind of like when Taco Bell brings the Crunchwrap Supreme back around after it's been gone for a while.


Crockpot Salsa Chicken Recipe



Shammy Says "Mouthwatering"

1 comment:

  1. For a healthier version try this -- http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/09/crock-pot-mexican-chicken.html

    A little more work, but I try not to use the "cream of" soups because of the msg. I am obsessed with this chicken. I would eat it every week. I don't use the coriander and if I don't have cilantro on hand, I skip that, too and it's still amazing (IMO!) Hope you don't mind all my comments on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete