Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oh Thank Heaven for Key Lime Pound Cake

Perfect dessert...or breakfast

I love lime. I love pound cake. This recipe was a hit before it even finished baking. I am not a big fan of cake, it never really tempts me. However, pound cake is a different story. Pound cake is one of my weaknesses because it is super moist and dense. With the combination of the key lime flavor, this dessert just made it to the top of my dessert list. It was surprisingly easy to make and I had everything on hand, which rarely happens. I cut the recipe in half because I knew it would make entirely too much. It is actually a perfect amount in my opinion. Next time I make it I will use a tad less sugar, which is what most of the reviews suggested. Also I will double the glaze because that's just the way I do things. The glaze MAKES this cake. I have eaten five slices since finishing dinner about four minutes ago. One other note I will include is that it says to bake for one hour and fifteen minutes, but I ended up taking mine out after one hour and it was perfect. I also didn't have a tube pan(which is what the recipe calls for) so I used a loaf pan. The loaf pan may have shaved a few minutes off the cook time, so take that into consideration.

Shammy Says "Moist and Delicious"

No comments:

Post a Comment