Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Delicious Heart Attack On A Plate

"Creamy" would be a hideous understatement

Lemony Tuna Noodle Casserole. Those were the words that caught my eye when I was browsing Pinterest last week looking for new recipes. I love tuna noodle casserole and I love lemon even more so I figured this would be the perfect recipe. Only one thing was standing in my way, my picky husband. Pooh Bear is not a huge fan of lemon or tuna so I knew I would have to play with this recipe a bit. I subbed out the tuna for grilled chicken and used half of the amount of lemon that it called for. The chicken seemed to work out perfectly. It was a success, he loved it and so did I. The only drawback to it is that it is VERY RICH, so rich that I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to because I knew I would end up with a bellyache deluxe if I did. It was very decadent, rich and creamy but I think next time to balance out the richness I will use skim or 2% milk instead of whole milk, a lighter cheese(which may be difficult since it called for Gruyere cheese, which is a classy version of Swiss,) and perhaps olive oil to cook the leeks in instead of butter. If anyone has any other substitutions or tweaks to this recipe that would lighten it up a bit, I would love recommendations because I will definitely be making it again!

Lemony Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe

Shammy Says "RICH but very delicious"

No comments:

Post a Comment