Monday, May 23, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

My interpretation of heaven in a bowl

If you don't love guacamole, I am not sure we can be friends. I don't know too many people who dislike guacamole, and I don't care to. Guacamole is one of the most delicious things on this entire planet. I could probably survive on it if I needed to. I have many people who rave about my guacamole, rightfully so, because it is mouthwatering. The ironic thing is that my guacamole is really simple to make, I don't use too many ingredients, and that is actually the key to making it taste so good. The only thing that can make or break guacamole is the avocado itself. If the avocado is bad, there is nothing you can add to it to make it taste good. Once I start seeing ripe avocados at the grocery store, I start stocking up weekly and making guacamole at least 3 times a week, today I even made it my entire lunch. I will post my amazing recipe below, and you will be shocked at how easy it is, then you can make your own and enjoy it as much as I do!

Shammy Says "Guacamole makes everything better"

Shammy's Guacamole

Ingredients:

3 Large Avocados - ripe
1/4 of an onion - chopped
Juice of 1 large lime
Fresh cilantro - sometimes I use cilantro, sometimes I don't
1 small tomato - chopped
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder - just a pinch

Directions:

Put all avocados into a bowl, add the lime juice, sea salt, and garlic powder. Mash to your desired consistency. Then add the chopped onion and tomato, folding them into the avocado mixture. Taste, then add more seasoning if you prefer. Sometimes I make it without tomato, or even the cilantro. The only absolutely necessary ingredients are the avocados, salt, lime juice, and onion. Also, if you are making a large batch, keep the pits and put them into the finished guacamole and it will stay green and fresh much longer!




No comments:

Post a Comment