Monday, May 9, 2011

More Perfection From Yokozuna

The "Roll and Gift" just worked itself high up on my list of favorite sushi rolls

Went to Yokozuna again this past weekend and ordered the Flaming Volcano, the Spicy Tuna roll, the Golden Driller, and the Roll and Gift. The Golden Driller was basically the Dunwell from ITR, and the Spicy Tuna roll was delicious, however it was the Roll and Gift that stole my heart. I have been wanting to try this particular roll since I ate here for the first time a month ago. I am so glad that I finally got to try it because it was nothing short of delicious. It consists of tempura shrimp, jalapeno and chipotle cream cheese rolled in masago, topped with blackened eel, scallions, eel sauce and sriracha. My sister ordered the El Guapo roll, which is crab, chipotle cream cheese and jalapeno, fried and topped with guacamole, ichimi pepper and wonton chip. It was also served with a side of shrimp ceviche. I tried a piece and it was AWESOME! Yokozuna is very different from most of the other sushi places in town, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Shammy Says "I won't be done until I have tried every roll on their menu"

No comments:

Post a Comment