Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Boo Boo Banana Bread

Ding!


Ingredients


One more Bethenny recipe down, many more to try. This is by far the best banana bread I have ever had. It is extremely moist and flavorful, and instead of nuts it calls for chocolate chips! I HATE when people put nuts in breads and brownies, it ruins them in my opinion. This is a very easy recipe to make and I even had all of the ingredients on hand. Not having to go to the grocery store made this bread taste even better. Now if I have all of the ingredients on hand, then I can guarantee that you will too, because I am not a baker by any means. I will continue to post her recipes as long as they continue to please my taste buds. So here you go peeps, Boo Boo Banana Bread!

Boo Boo Banana Bread: ~Makes 1 Loaf~

Ingredients:

1 cup raw sugar
1 tablespoon butter(regular or nondairy)
1 cup mashed overripe bananas(2 or 3 bananas)
1 egg
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 cup oat flour(or whole wheat pastry flour)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 

2. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a loaf pan. Put it in the bottom of the pan and spray it with cooking spray. Pour in the batter and cover it loosely with foil.

3. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, then bake for another 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (moist crumbs are fine). Cool completely, then slice and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment