Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Summertime Favorite!

Healthy AND Delicious!

I was reading "The Skinnygirl Dish" by Bethenny Frankel the other day in hopes of finding some new healthy recipes to try. Everything that I have tried out of her book so far has been amazing--and healthy, so I was not surprised when I tried out the tuna salad recipe. I never make tuna salad because it always ends up tasting too fishy. I am certain that the reason this recipe is so yummy is because it requires fresh herbs, which I never buy. But I stepped outside my box today and bought some fresh herbs and it made ALL the difference. Now I have a delicious and healthy lunch for the rest of the week! What I also love is that you can eat tuna salad so many different ways, it is so versatile. I personally like mine between two slices of deli flats(100 calories total), with 2 slices of Havarti cheese.

Shammy Says "YUM"

Bethenny's Tuna Salad

Ingredients:

4 cans (about 6 ounces each) white tuna in water, drained
1/2 cup nondairy mayonnaise--if you have low fat regular mayo you can use that
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. In a bowl combine the tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and dill. Season with salt and pepper.

Shammy's modifications:

1. I made half of this recipe and it was more than enough
2. I used "Spectrum" vegan mayonnaise, which you can find at Reasor's
3. I used "Sweet Hot Mister Mustard", which is also at Reasor's, because I am not a huge fan of Dijon
4. I added about 15-20 bread and butter pickles(finely chopped) because they are my favorite and in my opinion, were the perfect addition!





No comments:

Post a Comment