Friday, April 1, 2011

Supply and Demand...

Lemon Bars for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

After one small post about these lemon bars, I had quite a few requests to blog about them and post the recipe. I will start by saying that I am not a dessert/sweets person, I never have been, but there are a few sweets that tickle my fancy, such as chocolate cake and lemon bars. This is the creme de la creme of lemon bars, it does not get tastier than this folks. My mom had gotten this recipe from Sue Skowronski, a friend whom she worked with at the Post Office. My mom said that whenever Sue would bring these to work, people would "come out of the woodwork for them." I think the key ingredient is fresh lemon juice, because apparently most recipes use bottled lemon juice instead. Whatever the key ingredient is, it just works. They are so creamy, yet not too sugary(which can ruin a dessert quicker than anything), and the crust is very light and buttery. They really do melt in your mouth. I'll stop there and post the recipe so you all can taste for yourself, you can thank me later.


Shammy Says "When life hands you lemons, make lemon bars!"

Indredients:
Crust:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 sticks butter
1 tsp. baking powder

Filling:
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 eggs

Directions:
Mix flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter (like a pie crust). Pat into a 9x13 cake pan. Bake 20 minutes @ 350 degrees or until light brown.
Mix sugar, flour, salt and baking powder together. Add lemon juice and eggs. Mix well. Pour over hot crust. Bake 25 minutes @ 350 degrees (until brown). Let cool and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar. DEVOUR.

No comments:

Post a Comment