Friday, April 1, 2011

A sandwich that would make Dave Thomas very proud

Not often does something taste as good as it looks, except this

Alright, just when I think I've got it all figured out, I get a curve ball thrown right at me, case in point, the Asiago Ranch Chicken Club from Wendy's. I will start by being completely honest and say that I NEVER order sandwiches from anywhere, my normal order always consists of chicken nuggets and fries, this is because every time I order a sandwich from anywhere I am consistently disappointed. However, I am ecstatic to report that when I was at Wendy's the other day and pondered over ordering this sandwich, I was very pleased that I made the decision to step outside of my box and try something new. I will also let you know that I don't ever order bacon on my hamburgers or any other sandwich, but felt it necessary to order the sandwich just how it was intended to be eaten. It consists of tender, all-white meat chicken topped with thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon, natural-aged Asiago cheese, creamy ranch sauce, hand-leafed lettuce, and hand-chopped tomatoes. You can also order it one of three ways, spicy, homestyle, or grilled; I ordered mine spicy and it was AMAZING. I can hear most of you wondering "how can a fast food sandwich be described as 'amazing', in all caps letters nonetheless?" Well, I am not going to lie to you, nor will I exaggerate, this sandwich was so delicious, that I will now frequent Wendy's, as before I only ate there a few times a year, in lieu of the many cold french fry debacles that I grew very tired of dealing with. But their fries were fantastic as well on this particular day. They were fresh, salty, and piping hot. According to me, Wendy's has more than redeemed themselves with this sandwich and are lucky to now be included in my usual, albeit very limited, places I frequent. Nicely done.

Shammy Says "I would like to find the person who created this sandwich and give them a high five"

No comments:

Post a Comment