Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Favorite Place of Mine

From their "plethora" of a salad bar
If you are looking for a great place that offers delicious salads, hot meals, healthy fare, or if you are picky and want a variety of foods to choose from, look no further than Whole Foods. Believe it or not, I do eat healthy from time to time and when I do, I go to Whole Foods to wage an attack on their salad bar. It's going to be hard to fit all of my excitement and love for Whole Foods into one post, but I promise to do my best. Not only do they have a huge salad bar with just about every food imaginable, but they also have a sushi bar and a deli that offers up homemade pastas, a variety of meats, pizzas and even desserts! I usually opt for a salad, with lots of toppings, and if they have macaroni and cheese I ALWAYS get a helping of that. I have tried their "mock" buffalo chicken salad, which is vegan and absolutely amazing. I also tried some sort of mozzarella pasta salad one time that was out of this world. They also had a "chicken scallopini" that was hands down one of the best pieces of chicken I have ever eaten. I love that you can get homemade, healthy food to go and make a delicious dinner out of it. Their sushi is great, desserts are "to-die", everything else is equally phenomenal, and the best part is that they have many organic options and most of their food is vegan! I also love that you pay by the ounce at the salad bar, even when I get a "healthy" portion of food it's normally around $6-7 which is not bad considering the high quality of food you are receiving. I would love to shop at Whole Foods for everything, but it's pretty expensive if you buy all of your grocery items there, hopefully some day I will be able to do that. They offer discounts on certain items starting every Wednesday so you can find great deals if you take the time to look for them. However, I have said it before and I will say it again, you get what you pay for, especially with food. Love the food, love the atmosphere, love the people, LOVE WHOLE FOODS!

Shammy Says "Whole Foods" is Top Notch


No comments:

Post a Comment