Friday, April 1, 2011

China 1 ironically scores a 1

China 1 was recommended to me a few weeks ago by a friend so we gave it a whirl tonight. I am not sure if perhaps they had a bad night--which most restaurants inevitably do, but it was just "okay" by my standards. I am a P.F. Chang's kind of girl and I also frequent Pei Wei when I eat Chinese fare so I am certain that that also has an impact on my opinion. I was intrigued by the fact that they deliver, so I ordered up some Kung Pao Shrimp and Pooh Bear ordered the Orange Peel Chicken, and both orders came with fried rice and one egg roll for $7 a piece. They were super speedy to deliver it, arriving at our house within 10 minutes after I placed my order. I wish I could say the food was delicious, but the rice was very bland and the sauce was way too sugary. I will just pay the extra $2 and go to Pei Wei next time. I appreciate the recommendation, that is how you live and learn. I am not going to like everything I try, that is why I dubbed my blog "the good, the bad, and the delicious". To end on a high note, I loved my fortune that came in my fortune cookie, it read "You will have no problems in your home".

Shammy Says "If you want good food you have to pay the price"

No comments:

Post a Comment