Friday, April 1, 2011

Easy as 1,2,3!

You can't eat just 5...

When I started this blog, I did not intend on posting a bunch of recipes, because anyone could do that. However, some things are just too good not to share, like Chicken Roll-ups. My mom has been making these for as long as I can remember, and they always get rave reviews wherever she brings them. They are perfect for parties, showers, potlucks, or just to have around the house as a snack. I consider them healthy, but I am the queen of justification so I'll let you form your own opinion on that. They are made using cream cheese, flour tortillas, canned chicken and Picante sauce. They are super easy and super delicious, I would recommend everyone make a batch after reading this, just make a small one or you will eat every last one of them!


Shammy Says Snack Attack

Ingredients:
2 6-oz cans of Swanson chunk chicken
2 5-oz cream cheese (you can use reduced fat if you fancy that instead)
Picante sauce
Flour tortillas (About 12 large)

Directions:
Drain chicken. You can chop up the chicken a bit if you would like it to be shredded. Mix chicken, cream cheese, and a small amount of Picante sauce in a mixing bowl. Taste, then add more Picante to suit your palate. Spread on flour tortillas fairly thin. Roll up and slice into bite sized pieces. You can also serve with a dip, or a bowl of salsa as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment