Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Anyone remember Oatmeal Swirlers?!

Two of our favorites: Cinnamon Roll and Strawberries and Cream!

Oatmeal Swirlers. Two words that make my tummy growl. If you had Oatmeal Swirlers as a child, then you know of the deliciousness I am speaking of. It was packets of instant oatmeal with a ketchup-like packet of strawberry goo that was out-of-this-world good, seriously I used to sneak into the pantry and just eat the packet of goo, ask my mom. There is actually a petition going around for them to be brought back that I have signed. This oatmeal is not Oatmeal Swirlers, but it bears a striking resemblance to them. Oat Revolution is healthy, delicious and well priced. I love having quick options for breakfast, especially now that I have a kid. However, "quick" usually translates to "unhealthy". This oatmeal is anything but unhealthy. The ingredients are whole grain rolled oats with flaxseed, while also containing multiple vitamins and minerals. It is also super easy to make, you tear off the top half of the pouch and dump the oats in a bowl, then fill the bottom half of the pouch to the fill line with water, pour it in the bowl, and microwave for 90 seconds. Done. How easy is that? I make this for Kyler most mornings and add Almond Milk to give him calcium and extra protein. Josh and I also eat it ourselves. The Cinnamon Roll is my favorite, due to the fact that it tastes exactly like a giant cinnamon roll. Reasors carries this and I think Whole Foods does as well. They are $1.35 for a box of 5 pouches, extremely reasonable. 

Shammy Says "LOVE any food that brings me back to my childhood"

No comments:

Post a Comment