Friday, April 1, 2011

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate



 Homemade Frosting

 Before going into the oven

HEAVEN



Alright, here we go. We all know that there is nothing more satisfying than a good piece of chocolate cake. It can lift your spirits, make you laugh, and for a few lucky ones, produce an out of body experience. This recipe is the best, I repeat the BEST recipe I have found yet for chocolate cake. I got the frosting recipe from a different source because the cake recipe called for white icing and I am NOT a fan of white icing. I have posted both recipes at the bottom of the page and hope you all go home and make this cake immediately, you will not regret it. Last night I got a craving for some chocolate cake, so I went searching for the best recipe I could find, something moist, rich and thick, just the way I like my chocolate cake. I stumbled upon a blog titled "Kevin & Amanda", who have all kinds of yummy recipes to share, including this one so poignantly titled "THE BEST Chocolate Cake", and they are not exaggerating. I was intrigued by a few of the ingredients, such as sour cream, chocolate chips and Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding. It was extremely easy to make, I literally dumped all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mixed them up. Next came the frosting, like I said I got the frosting recipe from a different source, and the one I chose could not have turned out better for this particular cake. The chocolate buttercream frosting came from a user on All Recipes with a recipe titled "Extreme Chocolate Cake". This frosting was so creamy and delicious, while not over-sugary. I guess when you make your own frosting, the confectionar's sugar makes it light and creamy--at least that's what my mom told me. The finished product was rich, creamy, thick, chocolatey, and very moist. I am no longer looking for recipes for chocolate cake, for I have found my soul mate in this one.

Shammy Says "There's more to life than chocolate, but not right now"

Click HERE for the Chocolate Cake Recipe!
Click HERE for the Chocolate Frosting Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment