Friday, April 1, 2011

My Sushi Sanctuary...



 Private Patio at ITR on the hill


 Volcano


Cody 2

Ok since I started this blog I have been waiting for this moment to come, the moment when I get to profess my undying love for In the Raw. This is by far my favorite restaurant to eat at. They have 2 locations, one on Brookside and another at 61st and Sheridan on top of the hill. I have too many wonderful things to say about ITR, so I will try to limit it to just a few paragraphs. First I will talk about some of my favorite appetizers. I have tried almost all of the appetizers and the best ones in my opinion are "Dynamite Shrimp", "Blue Crab Cake", "Miso Soup", and of course "Edamame". The "Dynamite Shrimp" is black tiger shrimp fried and tossed in a thai chili sauce and it is truly delicious. It is enough for 2 people to split without making you too full for your main course. Ok now it's time to get down to business, Rolled Sushi. My favorite rolls in particular order are "Volcano", "Cody 2", "Ginger"(which is not on the menu), "Nirvana", "Keaton", "6151", "Id", and "Dunwell". The "Volcano"(pictured above) consists of deep-fried shrimp, cream cheese, avocado and jalapeno, topped with scallops cooked in spicy sauce and scallions. It literally melts in your mouth, I could eat this every day and never tire of it. The "Cody 2"(pictured above) consists of deep-fried soft-shell crab, smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and jalapeno, topped with eel, eel sauce, spicy sauce, sesame seeds and scallions. I imagine most people who reside in Tulsa have already heard about ITR, but if this post reaches just ONE person and opens their eyes to the wonderful world of ITR then my job is done. The prices for the rolls that I listed above range from $6.50 to $15.95--(not including the "6151" which is topped with lobster so it is market price). ITR is not cheap but you get what you pay for. It is always a special occasion when I get to eat here and I savor every delicious bite. Enjoy!!


Shammy Says FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE

No comments:

Post a Comment