Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Promised You the Good, Bad and the UGLY


Dipping the chicken, completely unaware of the massacre that was to come...
When I began this blog, I told you that I would blog about the good, the bad, and the delicious. Well, this was HORRIFIC. This was one of those meals that we have all had the pleasure of cooking, the recipe that turns into an utter nightmare as soon as you begin cooking. The recipe was Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili dipping sauce. My intentions were good, but I have the common sense of a rock so that didn't help me in this situation. I planned on making oven baked french fries out of my russet potatoes that I had in my pantry to go along with the chicken. I have made oven baked fries many a time, so why all of a sudden did they turn to mush as I was cooking? I am still scratching my head on that one. So as I was attempting to salvage the "fries" I set my oil on high(I don't know why I did this either) and plopped 6 strips into the pan as soon as I thought it looked ready. Burn baby burn! In case you are not quite grasping the severity of the situation, no worries I documented it...

Anyone hungry for some fry crispies and some chicken strips that even your dog wouldn't eat?!
An utter disgrace

So after the first two batches got fried, literally, I figured out the secret. Turn the heat down! Voila, I turned the heat to low and look what happened! Golden perfection, the problem is that we only ended up with 6 small strips which was just enough to tide my husband over as an appetizer. They were quite tasty, so for anyone wanting to attempt this recipe who isn't an utter moron like myself, go for it!
Pretty delicious after I nearly burned the house down

Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe

Shammy Says "Balls"

No comments:

Post a Comment