Monday, August 8, 2011

This Will Be a Two-Parter

This dish just does it for me

Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole. Greater words were never spoken.  I knew that this dish would be phenomenal because of the title alone. My predictions were proven right after tasting it, although I made a few mistakes that I fully intend on rectifying in the near future. The recipe called for six cups of frozen hash browns, and I figured one bag would do the trick. I was sadly mistaken. I should have used at least two bags. Also, I didn't use a measuring cup for the cheese either, so it ended up really cheesy. Who the hell do I think I am, Rachael Ray? Needless to say, it turned out good but VERY rich. So rich that you could really only eat one serving. Every time I try to be cool and measure ingredients using my eye it backfires. Lesson learned. I am not Suzy homemaker, I HAVE to follow directions. Back to the dish, it was heavenly. If you care for Buffalo Sauce even in the slightest, this dish is for you. You can sub the ranch for blue cheese if you prefer to do so. I would have done that but Pooh Bear loves ranch, so I acceded. All the ingredients worked very well together, and will work even better when I use the correct amount of potatoes and cheese. I can't wait to make this again, but will probably wait until the weather cools down a bit.

Recipe------->Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole

Shammy Says "Even more phenomenal served with Tostitos"


No comments:

Post a Comment